Iphoto and Facebook sync problems...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nathan1281, Jun 16, 2009.

1. nathan1281 macrumors member

I have tried getting Iphoto 09 and Facebook to sync but have had a lot of problems with it. I finally was able to get albums created on facebook from iphoto. That worked fine the first time. But now I can not update it from Iphoto. Each time I click on the facebook album in iphoto it sits there and just says that it is uploading thumbnails. It will do this forever! And the progress doesn't move.

What I have tried to fix the problem:
    1) Delete the apple.com.iphoto.plst file in the preferences.
    2) Deleting the application in Facebook.
    3) Deleted the username and passwords out of the keychain.

I have tried this for several hours and it does not seem to get anywhere.

Update: I have tried to go into the preferences pane and click on share photos. But each time I do that IPhoto freezes up. The only way to get IPhoto to run is to delete the preference file.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

2. gsutherland1 macrumors newbie

same problem

I've been having exactly the same issues.

I updated Safari to 4.0.1 and that seems to solve some of the issues as there were some known bugs with 4.0.0.

I now don't have as many problems uploading new albums to facebook but the facebook tags still don't sync back into iphoto. Also whenever I try and sync a preexisting album it just hangs after uploading the thumbnails and I'm left with the spinning arrows.

If you then stop it syncronizing it appears to stop but when you go to quit iphoto it says you are still syncronzing do you want to stop and quit. When you select this option nothing seems to happen. The only way to then quit at that point is to force quit the application.

To be honest the whole process seems really buggy.

3. LobsterHuntress macrumors newbie

Help me PLEASE!!!

I have iPhoto '09 and Safari 4.0.1[/SIZE]

I created a new album using photos from Events about a week ago. I was working on that album yesterday when I noticed my Facebook albums are all messed up and some photos are no longer on Facebook. :mad: Can I can recover them? :confused:

Also, I got this computer in May with iPhoto '09 and have been messing up ever since! :eek: I think at 1 point when I was cleaning up old photos, I dragged them from Pictures in the Finder window to the trash, then emptied the trash. I think at that time, I may have deleted my iPhoto library! :eek: I have since imported the photos back to iPhoto from a disk and imported many more from cameras, but now...

Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! :D

4. magneticboson macrumors newbie

solution?

I've just finished banging my head against the wall trying to fix the exact same problem. Mind you, I was doing a lot of things at the same time so I can't pinpoint exactly what fixed my problem...

I solved the uploading thumbnail problem by going into my faces and acknowledging some new faces that were tagged in the photos on facebook. I think the problem comes from other ppl tagging people in facebook that aren't in my faces. By clicking on their names and creating their a faces account in my iphoto... it seemed to work. Go thru each photo and click on the blue fb icon ...

5. daisyausoleil macrumors newbie

about the problems with pictures in facebook disappearing/changing if you did stuff with them in iphoto...
    if you're using iphoto '09 and just click the little blue facebook thing in the bottom right hand corner, that syncs your iphoto and facebook. this is good b/c then your tags and additions transfer. but its bad b.c any editing or something in iphoto will change the stuff on facebook. if you want your pictures on facebook to be permanent and not changed, you'll have to actually upload them. you can do this by selecting wanted pictures then going to file. export. and if you dont already have it, you can get the facebook iphoto uploader (you can get it here : http://developers.facebook.com/iphoto/ )
    so yea. i made the mistake of syncing everything instead of uploading and have edited things and not realized that things got changed, so i'm in the process of actually uploading over 300 photos... and the stinky thing is that synced photo's tags and comments are deleted too and you have to retag and such. hope that helps! :)

6. jesshoanguyen macrumors newbie

just wondering if anyone knew how to stop the connection between iphoto and facebook...
    when i edit some photos on iphoto it uploads without me knowing =S

7. SquintKid macrumors newbie

I had the same issue

There is a fix - this is what to do to break the sync - go here: How to break an album sync between iPhoto and Facebook

8. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I honestly gave up, iPhoto deleted 3 of my albums for no given reason, stopped syncing after that, it's just too buggy.

9. Twistfreak macrumors newbie

iPhoto Videos

After I upload videos from iPhoto to Facebook, I can no longer watch them in my iPhoto! Does that mean I have lost them to Facebook? I put my favorite videos on Facebook from iPhoto so I will be sad if I lost them. :confused:

If anyone can help, I would great appreciate it.