iPhoto and flickr

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sandman77, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Sandman77 macrumors newbie

I would like all my photos (25gb) to be backed up and like the idea of cloud storage as accessing them remotely could be useful. I recently subscribed to iTunes Match and love the simplicity of it and would love a similar solution for my photos.

All my photos are managed in iPhoto and show up in albums according to the original folder name they were in before I imported them to iPhoto (the original files and folder structure are still in the trash can so I can get them back if required).

Anyway today I found that there is a share to flickr option in iPhoto and that Flickr gives users 1tb of free storage. I created an account and shared all my photos to flickr. The upload started but I noticed that within Flickr the photos were not organised into the proper album names but were instead organised according to the names of the folders in the iPhoto file structure. Is there a way to upload all my pics in iPhoto to Flickr while keeping the proper album/set names?

2. Sandman77 thread starter macrumors newbie

After doing more research it seems there is no easy way to do bulk upload of multiple albums/sets as everything in the upload ends up in 1 large set in flickr. Looks like I need to upload one set at a time.

3. Razeus macrumors 601

If you have $2 to spare I STRONGLY suggest you do this if you're trying add to Flickr in mass bulk; this is my personal experience:

1) Download Social Folders
    2) Install Social Folders which creates a Drobpox like folder on your Mac
    3) Pay for a month at $1.99
    4) Connect your Flickr account on the Social Folders website
    5) Copy your photo folders on your hard drive, into the Social Folders folder
    6) Enjoy life as it uploads and witness your folders become Sets (albums) on Flickr.
    7) Connect your iPhoto to Flickr; all your photo sets will start appearing as Social Folders uploads to Flickr.
    8) Cancel Social Folders before the month is up.