iPhoto and iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Marine0621, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Marine0621 macrumors member

So playing around with iPhoto, it makes me scratch my head as to why Apple has such crappy multitasking still. With iPhoto you can hold down on photos and have multiple photos up at the same time and I feel like this would be a great feature to have in regards to the standard multitasking. I know for school, if I'm taking notes on things in Pages or Word, and want to go to the internet I have to switch back and forth. If we had true multitasking like in iPhoto, it would simplify things considerably and be much better. Thoughts?

2. HishamAkhtar macrumors 6502a

I think Windows 8 took multi-tasking to a whole new level. Apple will have to work on improving theirs.

3. shellbryson macrumors 6502

shellbryson

Swiping 4 fingers to the right is hardly any effort on the iPad. To be honest, event on my MacPro & MacBooks I tend to run applications full screen these days and just swipe left and right to move from app to app. I think spatially it's easier, I never have to hunt for an open window :)

4. iohass macrumors regular

I never liked the multitasking in ios either.

I find it awkward sliding 4 fingers across the screen and the feature is completely obsolete on the iphone..

5. shellbryson macrumors 6502

shellbryson

Ugh, I wouldn't hold Windows 8 as a good example of anything other than don't let technical folks design user interfaces... I love the tiling, but in actual use the gestures/spatial aspects are horribly broken. At least with the Apple stuff everything 'feels' as it would you moving physical bits of paper around, natural gestures & movements.

I far prefer task switching in OS X to Windows 8, but OS X isn't perfect either. I love task switching on iPad.

6. erawsd macrumors 6502

It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the 2-3second freeze. If you are switching back and forth it becomes incredibly frustrating.

I def see the win8 style as being the future of tablet multitasking, its a great idea. Problem is, MS implementation is still sloppy, I'd like to see Apple take it make it less cumbersome.

7. shellbryson macrumors 6502

shellbryson

Agreed. The sweet spot is somewhere between the two IMO!

8. Macclone macrumors 6502

Can you tell me where to buy Windows 8?

9. HishamAkhtar macrumors 6502a

Yes but if Apple take what Windows 8 have for multi-tasking on mobile devices as inspiration, they could make the iPad a much more powerful product. I was really impressed with the fact that Windows 8 can run 2 windows in one.

Obviously OS X is a better for multitasking but OS X doesn't run on iPhones and iPads.

10. homeboy macrumors 6502

I'm banking ona major OS overhaul with iOS6. It has hardly evovled in the past years and everything is still in the apps. I would love to enjoy notifactions or content without having to use an app. The retina display is capable of showing more than four columns of icons.

11. Daniel97 macrumors 6502a

ive asked in every single forum but still no answer ..

does the slideshow setting in the ios app have a similar preset to the vintage prints preset on the mac version?