iphoto and iPhone!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daryliow, Apr 20, 2008.

1. daryliow macrumors regular

I use iphoto for all my pictures and I also sync them to my iPhone! But the photos do not appear in the folders on my iPhone but instead are all in one large folder!

Does anyone know how to get my iPhone to appear the same as iphoto, in terms of the folders in which my photos are in on iphoto?

Cheers

2. genshi macrumors 6502a

genshi

Assuming you have your pictures organized in albums in iPhoto (which you should) when you sync your iPhone through iTunes, simply choose "Selected albums..." instead of "All photos..." and they should sync to your iPhone as separate folders as my photo shows below (you can even drag the albums up and down to change their order.)

Attached Files:

3. daryliow thread starter macrumors regular

I have all my photos organized in Events, So when i go to itunes they don't show up. Unless I'm s dong something wrong.

Any suggestions???

4. genshi macrumors 6502a

genshi

Yep, create albums from your events. In other words, in iPhoto select the Event, go up to File and choose New Album From Selection. It will then create an album based on your selected Event and this album will show up and be selectable through iTunes.

5. Knolly macrumors 6502a

I don't have an iPhone anymore so I can't check exactly what it says but in the photo tab in the drop down menu there should be one where it allows you to sync the most recent or all events.

6. genshi macrumors 6502a

genshi

But then you will always have ALL of your events on your iPhone whether you want them or not (no way to pick and choose.) Much easier to organize your photos into photo ALBUMS and then check the ones you want to sync as per my instructions. Simple.

Also, you may not want all the photos from one event, only the best ones (from say, a birthday party.) Again a reason to organize into albums.

7. Aetles macrumors regular

Aetles

But still, it would be much more simple if Apple allowed us to check single events as well as albums. It's quite redundant have to create an album every time, now that we have events.

Or you could just hit ⌘L and hide the ones you don't want to sync in an event.

8. msw123307 macrumors 6502

Just wanted to bump this because I was working with a similar issue tonight. It seems ridiculous to me to have to create "Albums" from my "Events." Especially when these Albums I am creating don't auto-sync when pictures in my events change.

I have events for Friends, Family, etc..pretty general folders I'd like on my phone that still get updated often.

9. Knolly macrumors 6502a

Epic bump is epic.

Anyhow, use Smart Albums (File > New Smart Album).

Example, because I get all my MMS via email, I have an MMS smart album. I also have an event called MMS.

Name: MMS Photos
    Condition:
    [Event] [contains] [MMS]

Therefore it autoupdates the album whenever I add anything to the event.

10. msw123307 macrumors 6502

Hey - this seems to be exactly what I was looking for. Epic bump was indeed epic.

It seems as long as the (Event) [contains] a valid event name - it will auto sync. Looks like I can add additional conditions as well. I had seen the options for smart albums but couldn't figure out and kept getting confused. Thanks a lot!