iphoto and itunes

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by oceangirl10, Jan 9, 2017.

1. oceangirl10 macrumors newbie

Macbook Pro late 2011, osx 10.8.5

Issue 1
    I have been getting an error messaging saying iphoto library needed an upgraded version and that older photos would not be readable with upgrade. See below. I was reluctant to upgrade thinking my photos might be lost, but I googled the question and the forum said photos would be safe.
    I did the upgrade. Photos I haven't seen for awhile in this library (I had also backed up to external harddrive in 2015) appeared and all photos since 2015 disappeared - that is, all 2016 photos. What happened to my recent photos?

Issue 2
    I plugged my iphone 6 into my computer as I often do to load stuff from my computer. itunes tried to open as it always does and never with issues, except today received the message - see below.

I clicked on restore iphone and received the third message below.

I run itunes version 12.4.3.1.
    iphone version 10.0.2

What the heck, please help.

Attached Files:

2. bcave098 macrumors 6502

bcave098

Your iPhone (with iOS 10) is not supported with your operating system any more. You need iTunes 12.5.1 or later which only works with 10.9.5 or later.

3. oceangirl10 thread starter macrumors newbie

I will update my computer to Sierra, then. How compatible is Sierra with Macbook Pro late 2011? How is Sierra generally? Are there issues with it others have reported?

Could you comment on what has happened with iPhoto?

4. bcave098 macrumors 6502

bcave098

Unfortunately I haven't used iPhoto in a long time so I won't be of any help for that.

I run 10.12.2 on my MacBook Pro mid-2010 (with an SSD and 8GB of RAM) and it runs pretty well.