iPhoto and iWeb Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ShaunC, Oct 14, 2008.

1. ShaunC macrumors member

Hi there, 2 different problems but each driving me crazy

firstly when using iphoto, is there a way to make the libary organised (like itunes) so that there isnt duplicates of my photos all over my hard drive ? because when theres thousands of photos about surely that isnt memory friendly

and seccondly, iWeb keeps wanting to update itself but when it does it comes up with a message of 'A networking error has occurred, cannot open file (-3001). '

any help out there pleeeease? :)

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

You could navigate to your iPhoto preferences (in the screenshot below) and tell iPhoto not to copy items to your Photo Library so they can remain in their original folders and the only "duplicates" will be formed when you edit anything in iPhoto. If you actually have duplicates in your iPhoto Library, you could use something like Duplicate Annihilator to scan through the library and auto-remove duplicates it finds.
    For the iWeb update, its indicating that your computer is having some difficulties communicating with the Apple update server. Download the iWeb update directly from www.apple.com/support/iweb on the right hand side or run a search for it in www.apple.com/support/downloads. Run the installer from the downloaded .dmg file and it should update successfully.

Attached Files: