iPhoto and Ken Burns effect

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hajime, Feb 21, 2011.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

Hello. I used iPhoto to create Ken Burns effect. However, when zoomed in, some of the photos appeared to be fuzzy. Is there a good way to prevent this from happening? Thanks.

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

A camera with more pixels, or maybe shoot in RAW format rather than JPEG.

3. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks for your advice. I am very sorry that I did not mention my problem clearly. I used handbrake to extra movie from the DVD. Then, I saved the video as a m4v file. Next, I opened the resulting file in QuickTime. Under QuickTime, I copied the frame/image and pasted it to a drawing program such as Gimp. Then, I saved the image/frame as jpeg (highest resolution) under Gimp. Finally, I imported to iPhoto and displayed the image using Ken Burns effect.

Now, I know that under Gimp, I should have saved the image in RAW format rather than JPEG format. Is there anything that I could do to solve my problem? As I took the images from the movie, obviously I cannot shoot them with a camera of more pixels.

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

My comment probably still stands. After all that importing and conversion, I can't imagine that the resolution of the final image is that high. Do a "Get Info" on it and see what the pixels are. Probably less than 1000 a side?

So, it'll look fuzzy as you zoom in, so reduce the amount of zoom.