iPhoto and New Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by surfer99, Nov 19, 2007.

1. surfer99 macrumors 6502

So I just installed a new hard drive and everything looks to of transfered over when I uploaded from my old internal hard drive but for some reason when I click on iPhoto it bounces once and then it just sits there and nothing opens. Any help?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Is this on a fresh install? Do you have a second display connected on occasion? Does it open normally in a fresh user account? If so, then try removing com.apple.iPhoto.plist from the Preferences folder on the dodgy account. :)

3. surfer99 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I took my old hard drive out and upgrade to a bigger one (60 to 250) and then I just used the mac OS X disk that came with my macbook to install the OS and then I used the 60gb and uploaded that when it asked if I wanted to import from another mac during the install process. Everything works fine except for the fact that iPhoto will not open. I do not have any second display. Just a regular macbook. Once again it just bounce once and stops. Kind of new to apple, how would I create a new account?

4. surfer99 thread starter macrumors 6502

just created a new acct to see if iPhoto would open up and no dice. It does the exact same thing. Just bounces once and then nothing. Anyone have any other ideas....im desperate here.

Edit 1:plugged in the NEW external hard drive which used to be my internal to see if i could launch iPhoto from there and it did the same thing as well. Just one bounce then nothing

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew