iPhoto and nexus 4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chimpboy74, Mar 25, 2014.

1. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

Hi
    I hope someone can help!

I am using a nexus 4 on kitkat and am trying to get photos off it to iPhoto (9.5.1) on my Mac mini. I have set my USB setting as camera on my phone and it connects to iPhoto fine. However on the preview page where it shows the photos on my phone most just say JPEG (not a preview) and some are just grey squares with dashed line around. It also says 411 photos to import. Which is way more than are on there. Also when I click import it appears to start but nothing actually happens.

Why is it showing so many pics? It's like it's detecting files that have been deleted from my phone. I try to keep in top of pics and vids and delete duds straight away but I have a lot I want to import to iPhoto

Am I missing something obvious?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did you just try dragging and dropping the files onto the computer and then importing them into iPhoto?

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

This may help..A buddy used the same process with his Nexus 7 and it worked fine:

http://best-mac-tips.com/2013/02/27/transfer-photos-nexus-android-mac-lightroom/

4. chimpboy74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

No. But I'm prepared to try!

----------

I saw that and have my settings set to camera. The thing that gets me is that iPhoto recognises my phone and that there are photos/videos on there but shows way more than I have.

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I'm wondering if it's the Nexus that has issues...do you have backups? If so, maybe a reset would help..I'm afraid my Android knowledge is pretty limited, but plenty of others here will know.

6. chimpboy74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

It's odd. 4 out of the (supposed) 400 appeared as previews so I selected those only for import. It still gets stuck saying preparing to import. You might be right about it being my phone being the issue.

----------

Even More odd. I was connecting through a USB hub (my Mac mini isn't easily accessible as it's under a TV in a cabinet) but managed to connect direct to a USB port on TV and got around 30 pics to "preview" I downloaded about 20 or so (I missed the remainder) successfully. But when I try to import the remaining it is now stuck again in preparing to import

I also noticed that there are a few mp4 files saying 0.00 time

7. chimpboy74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

Using android file transfer (copying to a folder on Mac then importing) I've managed to get the photos into iPhoto but it was fiddly.
    Any other suggestions welcome!!