iPhoto and possibly safari weirdness

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cmaerzluft, Feb 26, 2012.

1. cmaerzluft macrumors newbie

Ok so I am completely at wits end and need help figuring out what happend.
    (brand new macbook pro, bought a few weeks before christmas 2011)

Today I opened iphoto to find 3600 photos that were not previously there before. The photos however were mostly of icons found in safari. a few were screenshots of the default opening page of safari, which I had changed immediately after I opened it for the first time. Whats more is I don't even use safari for much anymore. My girlfriend uses it to log on to facebook occasionally so she doesn't have to retype her password/log me off of mine on chrome, my main browser. The rest of the photos were other safari related icons. they included things like the back button and the little earth in the address bar. They were also things like "print buttons" that varied in design. All these photos were not there a week ago when I last opened iPhoto. They even had their own dates and event titles which includes dates before I had purchase the computer and names like black flamingo, orange flamingo, and safari help.

does anyone know what is going on here??

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Did you have Top Sites active? That puts lots of images on your computer, but I didn't think it put them in iPhoto.

3. cmaerzluft thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes topsites is active, but all the "topsite photos" I found in iphoto (I only found a few of these amongst the photos) were like the generic ones safari starts you out with, (they had things like apple.com and natgeo.com) none of which are currently on there.

4. drumswife macrumors newbie

This has just happened to me. almost 53000 pictures are in my iPhoto files. I just deleted them but it was a slow process. They keep coming though. Did you ever figure out what happened?