iPhoto and Safari problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by chaser394, May 31, 2011.

1. chaser394 macrumors newbie

Ok so i own a mid-2010 MBP i7 with4 gig ram. Safari recently has been beach balling at startup no idea why, also iphoto and imovie are crashing my computer to a blank screen causing me to restart by computer with power button. I have repaired disk re installed OSX and deleted plist and caches, anyone think they could help :confused:

2. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

i guess u dont have enough ram perhaps? did u try to reinstall OSX?

3. chaser394 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes i did reinstall for some reason i dont think it is ram related

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

I wouldn't think so. I can run all three with 2 gig on my MacBook.

5. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

Sorry to say you might have a failing hard drive if reinstalling OS X and the other things you have tried do not help. When you reinstalled OS X, did you reinstall everything, applications included, from scratch? or did you migrate things back over using Time Machine or Migration Assistant?

How old is your Mac? Have you upgraded the original RAM? Maybe one or both chips have gone bad.

Try creating a new user account and do the same tasks and see if the same problems occur. If they don't, then it is most likely software related. If they do, then it is most likely hardware (hard drive, RAM) related.

6. chaser394 thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually am using the same ram card but i tried reinstalling but i didnt do everything i probably should. i will try but also i made a new account ran both i photo and imovie neither made the computer fail. Also the ram couldnt be it because it happens both when alot of applications are running and when nothing but it is running it is very annoying and scary to be honest but the closest apple store is like 3 hrs away.