Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mgs153

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
I am just getting back into using iPhoto, it has been a couple of years. I am ready to give up the way I organize my photo folders and let iPhoto do it for me, but there is something I can't give up. I have been using Photoshop elements to sort my photos currently and I love the tag feature. It allows me tag photos with events, people, places, etc. I can tag a photo at a time or multiple. And when I want photos of only my friend Bob when we were in Paris, I click on the tags for Bob and Paris and those are the only photos that are shown. Or if I am creating a project of just pictures of Kate, I click on the Kate tag and no matter when they were taken as long as the tag Kate is associated with the photo it will be displayed. Is there anyway to do this with iPhoto?

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
The use of keywords does exactly the same thing. You assign a keyword or several keywords to a photo or group of photos, and then you can search using that word. Works just like you have been doing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.