iPhoto and video clips problem

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Rossminster, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Rossminster macrumors newbie

Something very weird has happened.

Without warning (and without me changing any settings) the movie clips from my digital camera that I uploaded into my MacBook on holiday (along with the stills, into iPhoto) now will not play.

1. They played fine when I uploaded them and checked a couple. Normally, when you click on a thumbnail, it plays in Quicktime. Now nothing happens.
    2. If I go to the file in the Finder, those that are .mov will play in a grainy, jerky way. Those that are AVI will play ok.
    3. Why are some .mov and some AVI? I follow the same procedure regardless - it seems quite random what format they are.
    3. I have iLife 09 and Snow Leopard, and have updated all the software.
    4. I cannot drag the clip out of iPhoto into another file.

The odd thing is that this started happening without any warning. It wasn't immediately after a software change or anything.

Thanks in advance!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What camera do you use and have you changed any settings on it or was there anyone else who might have had access to it?

3. Rossminster thread starter macrumors newbie

Well (ahem) the kids might have fiddled with the camera. What might that have done?

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I don't know, that depends on the camera model and its capabilities.

Look into the manual and see if one change change the format from .mov to .avi.