iPhoto and Virtual Machine

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sgtbob, Nov 5, 2008.

1. sgtbob macrumors regular

sgtbob

I use Fusion 2.0 to run Windows in a virtual machine on my iMac so that I can use my Legacy Genealogy program. Unfortunately, Legacy does not currently have an Apple program to do this.

Could someone assist in describing how I would make an 'event' in iPhoto to be titled Genealogy, so that I can add all my genealogy photos. This 'event' would need to be copied (or somehow made available) to the Legacy package within my 'Virtual Machine/Windows/Legacy' to enable Legacy to find the photos. The online tutorial doesn't touch on this issue so how do I transfer this event or make it available to the Legacy program.

Fusion 2.0 intimates that all files can be made 'visible' across the iMac and virtual Machine, but I have not been able to find how this is done.

Would appreciate some help for this iMac 'noobie'.

Bob :confused:

2. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Files, yes, and your iPhoto library can be made visible but Windows wouldn't know how to open it.

iPhoto event is not a file, but a grouping. Kinda like a view in a database, it's not a physical table but a custom selection of both tables to create a 'virtual' table.

You can create a folder/shared folder, and export the images in your event. That's the easiest way.