iPhoto: Any way to view photo by tags?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by whohasaquestion, Nov 21, 2011.

1. whohasaquestion macrumors 6502

iPhoto Events seems to go with the folder structure, so all the photo in one folder appears as one event. Well, that's not how I want to view it. A lot of my photos has tags and that's how I would like to view, is there a way I can have Events displayed by tags instead of folder? I know there are location and face, tags but those are default tags...what about the ones I created previously?

Btw, i didn't create tags in iPhoto, I did it on my windows machine. If that makes a difference...

2. whohasaquestion thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

iPhoto's Events view doesn't follow folder structure, per se. It displays by event, which iPhoto classes together on import, but it does group folders as events when you import. What you want to do is use the Photos view instead, and sort by Tag. Should be under the View menu. You should be able to then collapse down each tag to have a quick access to them all.

jW

4. whohasaquestion thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried your suggestion but that doesn't work.

At least not in iPhoto 11'. There is no option to sort by tags. I really don't believe iPhoto let's you view by tags...I've searched high and low.