Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
I have a system going where iPhoto is used for my personal life and Aperture for my professional photography.

I'm thinking of merging my iPhoto library into Aperture 3 but I'm concerned that all my Facebook albums won't be ported over and I'll lose all the comments and tags currently in those albums.

Has anybody made the transition and can assure me that Facebook albums are ported over safely?

davidfield

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2010
I have a system going where iPhoto is used for my personal life and Aperture for my professional photography.

I'm thinking of merging my iPhoto library into Aperture 3 but I'm concerned that all my Facebook albums won't be ported over and I'll lose all the comments and tags currently in those albums.

Has anybody made the transition and can assure me that Facebook albums are ported over safely?

I've been playing with Aperture 3 for a couple of weeks now and as as yet haven't found a way of importing my facebook or flicr albums. Can't find any mention of how to do this on the web anywhere. Just the question on how to do it. Seems a huge oversight.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
My existing iPhoto FB albums were NOT ported over, but neither were they "deleted" from FB. In other words, you can't add to them via drag/drop photos onto them anymore, they are "gone" from the Aperture library.

What I've done as workaround for FB is just upload to a new album into FB, got to FB and then move those to the existing album I desire them to be, delete temp FB album in FB 1st, then in Aperture....not the best workflow but thats all I can do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.