iPhoto app crashing!

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Cobra611, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Cobra611 macrumors regular

Cobra611

Hello,

I imported roughly 1000 pictures into iPhoto on my iPad Air, for the purpose of editing and repairing old family pictures. The work took nearly 3 months to complete, a few hours every other day or so. I finished a week ago, so it was time to transfer the edited pictures back to my Camera Roll. But, I hit a snag when before the app could transfer all the pics, it would just crash. I attempted to use AirDrop, Beam, iTunes and even iMessage to get the pics out of iPhoto. No luck! Whatever I do, the app crashes. I've even gone so far as to do an uninstall/reinstall of the app 3 time. I did a complete reset of the iPad (twice) as well with no success. The iPhoto app on my iPhone 5, that I was attempting to AiRDrop and Beam to, crashed every time as well. I'm beyond frustrated...and ideas, workarounds to help me get my edited pictures out of iPhoto????????

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Have you tried moving just a few to the photo roll? Delete them, then move a few more?

3. Cobra611 thread starter macrumors regular

Cobra611

Actually, I have. I break it up, any where from 1 to as many as 30 pics at a time...and several other variations that don't seem to work. I am more successful, more often, when doing that is small numbers. At this rate I should be done by the time iOS 8 comes out!

Thanks!

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Trust me, I understand lol...... :)

I would almost want to do them on my computer and then send them out via the various applications from the iPad. This is a great reason on why there should be just a "little" more ram in them!

5. Cobra611 thread starter macrumors regular

Cobra611

Well, I solved the problem. I can't explain it, but I solved it. After a while, I kept noticing that the crash would occur at or near the same pictures. Painstakingly, I narrowed it down to those pics (wound up being just 5 pictures). And to test my theory, I tried those pics, individually one at a time, each way (AirDrop...Beam...iTunes, Camera Roll...etc) and the app would crash. So, after sending all but those 5 pictures to my camera roll, I reedited the problem pictures, tried again, and it worked. It was a huge sigh of relief!

6. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

So were you able to figure why those five pictures would cause the system to crash?

That is strange, but at least you were able to figure it out!

7. Cobra611 thread starter macrumors regular

Cobra611

I have absolutely NO explanation why that would happen. Just that setting the pictures back to the original, then reediting, did something.
    Yes, I am very lucky I was paying attention:)

Thanks for your help!!