iPhoto app not compatible with iOS 8?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by sohaloh, Sep 12, 2014.

1. sohaloh macrumors regular

Got a message that iPhoto is no longer compatible with iOS 8. I guess apple feels that the new photos app makes up for the editing features in iPhoto.

2. iOz macrumors regular

I get that message as well. I'm not sure if they are going to drop iPhoto or Rename and rerelease when ios 8 goes live.

3. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

iPhoto has been replaced by the built in photo app.

4. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

They may well release an update to iPhoto when iOS 8 launches next week. Photos isn't due out til later I believe.

5. oldmacs macrumors 68040

oldmacs

I bloody home so! I'm sure as hell not abandoning iPhoto if photos can't do journals and all the editing that iPhoto can do.

6. MagicHAM macrumors regular

MagicHAM

I love iPhoto it does the job on my iPad 3, and i would hate for it to be completely killed off and not compatible with iOS8. But since the announcement of the photos App at the iOS8 announcement back in June, i don't see iPhoto being supported by Apple.

But I would hope this would not be the case though. :) Photo journals is my favourite part of iPhoto :p

7. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

I was just searching for info on this also, a number of places are saying iphoto is going to be dropped. That sucks.

8. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

They replaced iPhoto with a dumbed down version in the Photos app.

9. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

Yea, I don't like it. That's why I installed iphoto and got the migration notice.

10. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

Anyone have any problems migrating photos from iPhoto? My process started then crashed and now every time (even after reboot) when I start Photo it shows then pops up a migrating photos message that instantly crashes the app. I can no longer access photos.

11. leroypants Suspended

Does anyone know if we will get a refund if we purchased Iphoto?

12. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

Are you serious? :rolleyes:

13. leroypants Suspended

I purchased an Apple created app that Apple, for no reason other than to assert it's dominance on its users, removed, sorry if I think I should get a refund, then again I am not a blindly devoted apple fanboy like some people....

14. Vegasryn macrumors 6502

Should users of the iPhone 4 get a refund because ios8 won't work on their device? Same difference..

15. leroypants Suspended

No...it's not the same difference...it's not even close....

16. Vegasryn macrumors 6502

Its exactly the same, as technology advances, so does the ability to use older products

17. liteshow macrumors regular

Just a note for those who watch their storage closely: even though iPhoto is unusable in ios8, it does not automatically get deleted. I deleted the app and regained back like 300+ mb.

18. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

Claiming that technology has moved on and the camera app is suppose to replace iPhoto is a terrible excuse. Your options of controlling things like white balance, warm/cools, greens, and saturation has been replaced by a generic colors slider. This is a step backwards.

There is no reason iPhoto couldn't work in iOS 8. Nothing but a power play here.

19. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

So find another app. There are plenty of photo editing apps in the App Store if you need something more advanced than the built-in Photos app.

The iPhoto app on iPhone is/was clumsy, unintuitive, and very decidedly "un-Apple".

20. oldmacs, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014

oldmacs macrumors 68040

oldmacs

No it wasn't clumsy at least not on the iPad. The new solution is what is clumsy. Can you find me an App that will open my photo journals, projects, tags and everything I have been working on for the last 2.5 years in iPhoto? . People who think iPhoto is clumsy thats fine, go use the under featured Photos APP. People who actually want to get work done should be able to continue using iPhoto.

I paid money for iPhoto and should be able to continue using it.

This is purely Apple sticking the middle finger up at loyal customers/prosumers.

21. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

Anyone with a suggestion of something else to use that would offer a rendition of brushes? I think that's why people liked it. Filters and adjustments are nothing unique.

22. HereBeMonsters macrumors 6502

HereBeMonsters

iPhoto had way more options than the photo app does in iOS8. Yet ANOTHER application that I paid good money for, that Apple have dropped because they've forced (and they do) an iOS update on me.

Give me back my money you utter thieves!