iPhoto autoload off?

BFedrec

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2004
Lawrenceville, GA
I'm sure this is a dumb question... but how the heck do I turn off the auto-load feature on iPhoto so it doesn't try and start every time I plug in a flash drive. I've got an mp3 player that takes the same SD cards my digital camera takes and I don't want iPhoto jumping up everytime I plug one in to dump an audiobook on it.

(I tried searching on apple support to no avail, and search here just kept freaking out my browser).

CharlesP

beg_ne

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2003
BFedrec said:
I'm sure this is a dumb question... but how the heck do I turn off the auto-load feature on iPhoto so it doesn't try and start every time I plug in a flash drive. I've got an mp3 player that takes the same SD cards my digital camera takes and I don't want iPhoto jumping up everytime I plug one in to dump an audiobook on it.

(I tried searching on apple support to no avail, and search here just kept freaking out my browser).

CharlesP
Try this.

Open Image Capture.app in the Applications folder.

Then open its preferences and set it to No Application on the Camera tab.

I haven't tried this myself but it should work.

Comment

BFedrec

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2004
Lawrenceville, GA
thanks! I knew it was something simple... haven't plugged back in yet but that makes TOTAL sense... just never noticed that little app :eek:

Comment

RachelK

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2009
Help!

Ok so I would also like to disable auto start. I for some reason dont have image capture in my applications folder. any suggestions?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.