Iphoto book map names changing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zoablive, Aug 21, 2010.

1. zoablive macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm making a book of my holiday, its going great until I came to the map. The pointer always starts in Sydney, a hassle but I can work with it. My problem is as we went to Seymour in Victoria Australia, I type in Seymour and I'm given a dozen USA possibilities but I'm offered a search for my Seymour option. I take this, starting in Sydney and I drag the pointer to Seymour in Victoria (It says Seymour on the map) but in my book it changes the name to Mitchell. It does this for a number of stops. I could probably cope with one but when you go to 50 towns and you're showing off your clever Mac and all people go is I've never heard of Mitchell wheres that and I'm sure you can guess what my answer is, I don't know I've never been there. Particularly when the photo has Seymour Railway station on the photo.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

John

2. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

I do not know if this will help, but have you tried labeling the picture itself in iPhoto first by manually typing in the location name. I did a travel book last year on a trip to Italy and iPhoto placed the "pin" on the major city the village we were in was located near or part of. I purposely just put 3 of the major cities in the regions we stayed in or near rather than every little village. I used captions under the pictures of indicate where we were. However, I did not try what I suggested above. good luck, Hope you can work this out.