iPhoto Books - how long to wait?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by p0intblank, Dec 4, 2007.

1. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Has anyone here had any experience with Apple's iPhoto books? If so, do you recall how long it took for Apple to ship the finished product? I'm wondering if I can have one finished and here by Tuesday... but that may be pushing it.

Thanks for any help! :)

2. gavd macrumors 6502a

I've never had one that quickly. I've ordered 2 before and waited around 14 days (10 working days) for both. That's in the UK though so I'm not sure if it would be much different in the US.

3. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Mine have been pretty quick, I'm in Canada and the books ship from the US. I think maybe 5-7 days or so?

Of course, I've also never ordered a book 3 weeks ahead of Christmas, so I don't know how that affects orders.

4. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

I'm about to make one of my own and was wondering the same thing. However, I also had another quick question about the books. By default, under every picture is a copywrite statement. Is there a setting somethere that I can turn off to disable that? I'm making a book for a friend and do not need that on every single page. Thanks! :p

5. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

For the UK the turn-around has been, for me, 2 weeks.
    They seem to come from Holland.

6. p0intblank thread starter macrumors 68030

I know you can disable the Apple logo by clicking 'Settings' on the bottom-right. I'm not sure about copyright, though.

7. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

What?? You mean in the source picture?

I've NEVER had iPhoto add any sort of caption automatically, much less a copyright line. There's a message that will come up when you send it off to print reminding you that you should have all appropriate rights to the images you intend to include, but nothing in the book.

This is what I see:

[​IMG]

8. gavd macrumors 6502a

I presume you're using the Folio theme? I don't know of a way to get rid of the copyright information in that theme, but some of the other themes (if not all) don't have copyright information as a field. Probably worth having a look at the other themes.