iPhoto Books

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dvoros, Jul 30, 2014.

1. dvoros macrumors 6502

I am so frustrated by the lack of updates and flexibility in using iPhoto to create great picture books. When you want to add TEXT the boxes are very limited and cannot be resized. If we could only have the ability to enlarge them so we can add more story lines. The Custom page selection is also very limiting. When will Apple put somebody on this software to expand its years old look? Thinking Shutterfly is the way to go.:mad:

2. snberk103 macrumors 603

This isn't going to be the news you want to hear. Apple has discontinued iPhoto... so it's probably not going to get updated. Sorry about that.

3. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

I create my photo books in a page layout program. I used to use inDesign. Now I use Pages. Set a custom image size as needed, you need a 1/8 inch border which will be trimmed off. I used to create PDFs and then use PhotoShop to flatten these and change to TIFFs of the appropriate resolution. Drop these images into iPhoto (or Aperture) and create your book. This way you have complete flexibility as to the formatting you can use.