iPhoto Books

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jimmieboy, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Jimmieboy macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

Hey everyone. I just remembered that iPhoto has the create book feature. They look really cool and I've love to make one. The thing is that I live in Asutralia and you can't buy them here! How annoying! Does anyone know how to get them if you live in a country where you can't purchase them? It's a pity that you can't export the file either. :(

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

There are a few places in Australia who print them. In Adelaide I know Digital Da Vinci was printing them for a while. I'm pretty sure they still do. A quick Google search for something in your local area might get you some results. :)

3. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

Has anyone tried DigitalDaVinci's photobooks? Anywhere else in Australia that can do iPhoto book printing?

4. dogtanian macrumors 6502

dogtanian

I'm in the UK and we get them.

They are very nice and fancy but I'm sure there must be some similar online service for doing this that isn't Apple. In the UK we can do it with quite a few companies including one of our major supermarkets.

Obvious but have you tried googling it?

5. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

I searched but there aren't many reviews and any recent that compare iPhoto books to the other photobook makers.

I'm in Canada and wanted to send one to family in Australia. Got the prices from DigitalDaVinci and they're more than double what Apple, mpix, mypublisher charges including shipping - also takes 2-3 weeks to print vs a few days with the others. Turns out it's less expensive to order from the top 3 established printers and then send myself to Australia.

6. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

are you sure you can't export the book to a file? you could do this with iLife 06

7. janitorC7 macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

try photoshop :p

although seriously, you can export that and get it printed, many more features.

but I get the easy thing with iphoto, best option could be to take a lot of screen shots, and export the pics, and sent thoes to a printshop, but that seems a little well NOT easy

8. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

There's only an export to slideshow. That's probably why so many printers make an iPhoto plugin to bypass printing through Apple.

Oh well, turns out it's way cheaper to print in Canada and mail to Australia. The Australian iPhoto printing places charge double before shipping charges.