iPhoto bugging out

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rye9, Jul 10, 2009.

1. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

Okay so I've been doing some intense iPhoto work (well, not really)... I just have about 800 pictures that I've been adding faces to, finding them on maps, and organizing them into events (I transferred these from an old Mac so they weren't organized at all). It was working fine for a while... but after a period of time when I tried to split photos from events to make them into their own event... the event wouldn't appear in the list (it was as if I deleted the photos... they were nowhere to be found) so I just control-Z'd it to bring the event back to a whole. So I closed iPhoto via force quit since when I clicked the red "x" it didn't quit... rebooted the application, and then fortunately I was able to edit fine and split events. However, upon closing it again... the app froze (well, the app still worked I think but the red yellow and green bubbles were frozen) and so I had to force quit it again.

So my questions are: do I need to worry that I've lost or may lose some photos?

Is iPhoto '09 unreliable and should I do something about it? I don't like that I've had to force quit it
    twice in a row and that it simply stopped working over time :(

EDIT: Yes, it is the newest version, too.

2. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

3. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

In my experience, unexpected quits often lead to changes not being saved, leading me to think that a lot of saves are made during exit. Therefore it's not a good thin to have to force quit. That said, that was in iPhoto 5-6. I've had little trouble with 7 and 8. By habit, however, I will regularly quit out of iPhoto when working on something for extended times.