iPhoto & Canera

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Oldmanmac, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Oldmanmac macrumors 6502

Why is it that I can view/import my iP5 photos, but not my digital camera photos?

Can't iPhoto work with .jpg?

Any workarounds?

2. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

iPhoto works fine with jpgs, what kind of problems are you having?

3. simsaladimbamba

4. Oldmanmac thread starter macrumors 6502

It's a Kodak. Prior to ML I could plug the camera into the USB port and it would automatically start up a phot app to import onto my iMac.
    Not so now. It will list the photos with the .jpg extension on the desktop.That's how I know they are jpg's.

5. simsaladimbamba

But do you know, which exact model it is? Kodak is just the brand. The exact name should be written on the model somewhere.

Anyway, you could always give Image Capture a try, which is in your Applications folder, thus it can be found via Spotlight.

And what iPhoto version do you use?

To find out the version number of an application,

• either switch to that application and go to the
      Menu Bar > "Application Name" > About "Application Name" (Finder is used in below screenshot guide)
      [​IMG]
      clicking above image will get a more detailed screenshot
    • or go to the Applications folder in Finder and use the Get Info window (CMD+I).

6. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Open iPhoto
    Go to the iPhoto menu
    Scroll down to Preferences
    Go to the General tab
    From the pop-down menu next to Connecting camera opens: select iPhoto
    Close Preferences
    Quit iPhoto

Now when you connect your camera iPhoto should automatically open and import your photos like it did previously.

7. Oldmanmac thread starter macrumors 6502

It opens iPhoto, but the pics are from the iPhone5. There were at last count 30+ pics on the camera. It works on the wife's PC, so it's not the camera. And. like i said it *does* open iPhoto. But nada more.

PS. I can't type without spell check. Where do I disable that?

8. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Kodak cameras are pretty old, it's possible it's no longer supported. Which model Kodak was it?

9. Oldmanmac thread starter macrumors 6502

It's a Kodak z760. I don't understand a lot, but it was recognizing the cameras' existence. Just wasn't able to import.

The sw that came with it worked on my G5(previous Mac).Thinking it should work on the new one, it didn't. PPC only.

Figured out my CD problem with Parallels 7 enabled me to install the PC version. (Wanted to post pics on CL).

Everything is working okay now. (If I could only get IE !! to show a toolbar. Seems that it is disabled.)

10. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Somewhere in all that you lost me, but, I think you got your camera problem taken care of, if not let us know.

This should take care of your Internet Explorer problem Show the menus in Internet Explorer