IPhoto - can't select multiple photos

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by arheins, Jul 25, 2010.

1. arheins macrumors newbie

I cannot select more than one photo because only one (very large) photo appears in the window where I normally select them. The slide bar (bottom right) is not the problem as it is set on the smallest photo size setting. Can anyone help? Thanks!

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Select the photos that you want by clicking with the mouse while holding down the Apple/Cmd key. Then press the Enter/Return key. They should appear side by side in the Edit window.

3. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

Look in iPhotos Preferences under the "Events" tab and see if you have "Magnifies photo" checked????

Attached Files:

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

That only magnifies the photo that's on the top of the Event when you double click. If you leave that unticked, then all of the Event's photos will open, but only in thumbnail view.

5. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

That's right,, sounds exactly like the OP's problem to me. With that checked you can only open the photo that is under the curser. If still you want to use iPhoto without changing "Magnifies photo" you can get around the problem by Right clicking on the Event and selecting "Open in Separate Window" or use the drop down menu under iPhotos Event Menu to select "Open in Separate Window".