Iphoto copying items to the Iphoto Library

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by yk2366, May 23, 2011.

1. yk2366 macrumors member

I tried to research on it but I'm not understanding the replies. I do not have the "copying items to the iphoto library" checked. Does it matter? is it better to have it checked? what does it mean?

And if I were to upload a photo on a website, how do i locate the file? where do I go? Any help will be appreciated!

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

If you import pictures into iPhoto from a device, and you don't have that option ticked, if you later want to look at those pictures, you will have to have that same device, with your pictures still on it, connected to your Mac.

Depends on the website. Some, like Facebook, you upload direct from iPhoto. If not, just export to your Desktop and find them using the upload site's "browser".

Don't be tempted to ferret around within the iPhoto folder structure. Here be dragons!

3. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

Most websites that I know of will let you up load photos from iPhoto. When the option from that website pops up to upload photos a window that looks like "Finder" will appear, scroll to the bottom of the sidebar and you will see a new place called "Media", under Media will be Music, Photos and Movies. Click Photos and you will have the option to then choose your photos from iPhoto.

Attached Files:

4. yk2366 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you so much for your answers.

Dave Braine: I dont have that option checked, but I was able to upload pictures from iphoto as Pomeroy explained and look at them on iphoto software. What do you mean when you say, i would have to have the same camera with my pictures on it connected to mac?

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

From iPhoto Help:
    It's my understanding that if you import photos from an external drive, you won't be able to view them in iPhoto if that external drive is not connected.

6. coryndiego macrumors regular

coryndiego

Does iPhoto look at pixel or file information while deciding if a file is truly a duplicate? Or is it just by file name?

7. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

It would be file name.