Iphoto crashing. Where's the task manager?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by taelan28, Jan 22, 2014.

1. taelan28 macrumors regular

Im getting used to OSX. I went from hating it, to accepting it, to actually being productive with it as my head is wrapping itself around it.

Im saving facebook photos from the web to iphoto. iPhoto opens up over Safari and crashes. I try going to the dock and I try hitting command Q but no dice. This isnt the first time something has locked up on me and it wont be the last. Wheres the task manager?

Tried restarting. It wont even quit for that. Imma press the powerbutton.

Pssht. OSX holier than Windows... I dont think so. I've pleased the more I use OSX but not impressed.

2. pdjudd macrumors 601

You can force quit any open application from the Apple menu and force quit, or look for a program called Activity Monitor located in Application->Utilities.

3. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

You can also Force Quit using Option+Command+Esc pushed simultaneously.

4. taelan28 thread starter macrumors regular

Safari continues to crash every time I try to gesture to go back. Clicking the back button is fine, but gesturing? no dice.

Closing and restarting the program doesn't work, but restarting the whole machine does.

For all the bashing windows got over the years Im sure as hell not impressed with the hiccups I've seen.

One of the more baffling things was when I wanted to delete pictures on my memory card. My only option seemed to be moving it to trash, then deleting it...

Alas Im growing to really like this machine.