iphoto crashing

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Skoal, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Skoal, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011

Skoal macrumors 65816

I was trying to import some videos taken on my iphone 4 to my macbook pro today and iPhoto keeps crashing.

I'm using lion 10.7.2 and iOS5.

I'm not sure if these videos had been sitting on the phone prior to me updating to ios 5 or not or if that could even cause the issue but when I highlight the clips to be imported the iphoto app starts to work then it crashes. One time the mac saved the first attempted video file to a folder. I opened the folder and it played just fine but it was saved in a special folder as a failed import.

Just writing to see if anyone else has had any import problems as of late.

edit: Checked on of the saved files and it said it could not open it because it was the wrong format. It was taken with an iPhone 4 so I know thats bull***. Strange! two of the other clips did save to a folder on the laptop but not in iphoto and they did open in quicktime player when I clicked them. They wont import to iphoto and it just keeps crashing.

2. dsnows macrumors newbie

I have same problem

I have had the same problem since I got my Iphone 4S this week. Have not been able to import from new phone. Iphoto crashes. Save photos to a recovery folder. I don't have an answer so far.

3. dsnows macrumors newbie

Also with old Iphone 3GS

same thing happens with my old phone. Not just 4S. Maybe the problem is ios5?

4. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

Out today:
    iPhoto
    Included in version 9.2
    • Addresses compatibility with iCloud and iOS 5

5. dsnows macrumors newbie

Figured it out

Uninstall 3ivx. Worked for me. Search this forum for details.