Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Hey guys,

I've been using iPhoto and Photostream for a while on my old iMac, however on a new machine I've just purchased I've noticed that iPhoto (latest version) automatically creates an event and imports my photo stream into it.

This isn't desired behaviour for me, I'd like to import manually as and when, but want my photo stream to be visible under the iCloud tab so I can pick and choose as appropriate.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can sort this?

Cheers

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
Hey guys,

I've been using iPhoto and Photostream for a while on my old iMac, however on a new machine I've just purchased I've noticed that iPhoto (latest version) automatically creates an event and imports my photo stream into it.

This isn't desired behaviour for me, I'd like to import manually as and when, but want my photo stream to be visible under the iCloud tab so I can pick and choose as appropriate.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can sort this?

Cheers

Hi, congrats on your new machine. Go to iPhoto preferences, and go to the iCloud menu. My photo stream should already be checked, as should automatic import. You want to unclick that selection. Good luck!

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Hi, congrats on your new machine. Go to iPhoto preferences, and go to the iCloud menu. My photo stream should already be checked, as should automatic import. You want to unclick that selection. Good luck!

Hey,

Sorry for the slow reply, but that was just what I needed - damned if I could see it before! Thank you very much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.