iPhoto decided to stop using PhotoStream?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NMF, Dec 6, 2011.

1. NMF macrumors 6502a

NMF

So I took a bunch of photos on my iPhone yesterday and they're still not in iPhoto. The photos are in my photo stream on both my iPhone and iPad, but not on my Mac. I have photo stream enabled in settings and am logged in and everything.

Why is this? How do you "force" a sync? I need those photos.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Do you have Aperture installed? You can only use the Aperture or iPhoto Library with Photo Stream, but not both. Also, is your Mac signed into the same iCloud account as your iPhone/iPad? Do calendar/contacts data sync fine between the 3?

3. NMF thread starter macrumors 6502a

NMF

I don't have Aperture, I only have iPhoto. And yes everything is on the same iCloud account, and calendars/contacts are syncing fine. Photos were syncing fine too until yesterday. Since then iPhoto has "Uploading 2 photos" in the upper right corner of the photo stream tab.

4. yongren macrumors regular

5. NMF thread starter macrumors 6502a

NMF

I fixed by just disabling iCloud on my Mac and re-enabling. You might be able to fix it by simply turning PhotoStream on and off, not sure.

6. Lomax2012 macrumors newbie

Hey Guys

Have seen quite a few people having this problem and the solution is quite a simple one I think - none of the i-devices will do the photostream sync (upload or download) if battery level is under 20% on the outgoing or incoming device. This is true even if you are charging your device but your level is under the required 20%.

This would explain why it's sometimes an "intermittent" problem as people's charge levels fluctuate. So make sure the device that the original photo is housed on and the recipient devices are all charged above 20%.

Let me know if that helps any of you?

7. dot.ducky macrumors newbie

Also, if either of you are running Mountain Lion, I did find that photo stream did not work at all on DP1. Not sure about DP2...