iPhoto - Digicam un-link

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sk3pt1c, Jun 28, 2007.

1. sk3pt1c macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

i was foolish enough to click OK when iPhoto first asked me if i wanted it to open my camera's pics when i connect it to my mac.
    two questions:
    1. is there anyway to actually preview the camera's pics through iPhoto before i actually import them to the Library so i can pick which ones i want to actually import?
    2. how would i go about un-linking iPhoto so that it doesn't launch when i connect my camera to my mac?

2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Open the Image Capture app in your Applications folder, the go to the menu Image Capture>Preferences. From there you can change your default program from iPhoto to either Image Capture, no application, or other (if you have another program in mind).

I haven't used Image Capture in a while, but it looks like it might work better for what you want do. With Image Capture, you can be much more selective about which photos you download to your computer. After you download them (and delete the ones on your camera that you don't want to download), you can always import them into iPhoto for processing later.

3. sk3pt1c thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

wow, i can't believe i've had this in my apps in the two years i've had a mac and not known about it :)
    thanks a lot dude!;)
    i guess i should've started playing around with my small apps first before trying to learn unix and how to play around with Terminal a week after i got my mac :)