iPhoto Doesn't Print Whole Image

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lockjawdavis, Jan 5, 2010.

1. lockjawdavis macrumors newbie

Odd problem here. I'm having trouble printing my images at 100%. For some reason that I haven't been able to troubleshoot, when I try to print an image from iPhoto, I lose a half inch or more of the photo around the edges. It even reflects that this will happen in the preview screen.
    When I bypass iPhoto altogether and use my printer software, this cropping issue doesn't exist, but I prefer some of the options iPhoto offers.
    By the way, I'm running Mac OSX 10.5.8-haven't yet updated to iLife 09.
    Any suggestions?
    Cheers and Happy New Year.

2. mstrze macrumors 68000

There is an option for borderless printing. Would that help?

3. lockjawdavis thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try that and the photo gets trimmed whether I choose 'borderless' or not. I can't for the life of me figure why it's doing this. Very frustrating!

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

1) Make sure the image size (aspect ratio) are same in iPhoto image and your selected image size in the print dialog box
    2) Try, if it shows cropped image in Preview, to cancel printing and reselect image...sometimes it resizes image correctly for me.

5. lockjawdavis thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try. I'll try anything at this point!

6. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Check to make sure you have not "constrained" the photo to an unwanted size. Not at the mac right now, so going on memory, but if you look around you will find "constrain". Adjusting that may help.