iPhoto doesn't recognize all my iPad photos

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by franks, Jan 8, 2014.

1. franks macrumors newbie

I have a 3rd Gen iPad, with approximately 4,500 photos in iPhoto. When I connect the iPad to my iMac with a cable, iPhoto opens, and displays "All 165 photos imported." How do I go about importing/transferring the other 4,300 photos from the iPad to the iMac? Is there software available, similar to Senuti for ITunes music?

Many thanks for any guidance!

2. graley macrumors regular

Ipad photos to iMac

I think all photos to be transferred must be in camera roll on ipad. If they are in a different location on ipad, photostream etc it is possible they should be moved.

3. franks thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I'll look at that

4. GusChymand macrumors newbie

Franks, did you ever figure out how to get your photos into the camera roll?

I have a second generation iPad and until a couple months ago I was syncing it to an older mac. When I upgraded my iPad to ios7 I found I could no longer sync to that mac because the iTunes version was too old. And iTunes can't be updated because that mac is too old (OSX 10.5 because it's a powerPC machine).

So I have been scrambling to get things set up so I can sync songs, apps, photos and videos to a newer mac. I have accomplished songs and apps. But photos have been a problem. Currently the photos exist both in the iPad and in the iPhoto library on the old mac. When I import the library directory from old mac to new mac I get three or more copies of every photo, and the videos are no longer videos (they just become single photos). So I deleted that import and decided I'd just try pulling them in from the iPad.

Unfortunately I only get about 180 photos, with a thousand more not imported. I suspect this is because they are not in the iPad's "camera roll". But I'll be dipped if I can figure out how to move them to the camera roll.

Did you ever figure out how to do it?

Thanks, Gus