Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jasonganis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2010
So I tried to transfer all our iPhoto pics from a hard drive onto my Mac Mini with iLife. We have about 10,000 pics.

What happened was we ended up with 50,000 pics. Dupes everywhere, duplicate events, and tons of "faces" super low rez pics with thumbnails. Sometimes even 3, 4, or 5 dupes.

Tried using Tidy Up! with every search criteria I could possibly think of, and it has only found about 5-10% of the dupes.

Also now the pictures are all over the place, totally out of order. Events got broken up, old and new pics mixed up, it is a total cluster.

Thanks!!!!

Disc Golfer

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
Same thing happened to me, similar size photo library. iphoto is an effing disaster. I ended up getting Aperture and moved everything over by hand to sort out the duplicates and low res whatevers. It took the better part of a weekend but my photo library (in aperture) is pretty polished now. I won't touch iphoto.

jasonganis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2010
thanks

How do I disable the "faces" option....I can't stand how it keeps making these low-rez pictures all over my library. It is simply not something I can ignore. Does Aperture do this the same way?

I am very weary of spending more money to find dupes. Tidy Up! doesn't recognize almost any of my dupes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.