iPhoto duplicates won't delete

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by letsjustescape, Jul 6, 2007.

1. letsjustescape macrumors newbie

I have, as it seems a lot of other people have, accidentally duplicated a bunch of photos in my iPhoto library.

I have simply tried to move these to the trash, but instead of deleting the duplicate, it moves both the 'original' and the 'duplicate' to the trash as both have the same file name.:(

I checked in the finder files, and nothing seems to be duplicated there, but I don't really like to poke around in there too much.

I tried to use duplicate annhilator and iPhoto diet, but both programs did the same thing.

Help! this is annoying the crap out of me!:eek:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

So what are you asking for? Are you saying you deleted a whole bunch of tracks and now want to get them back? Have you emptied the Trash? :)

3. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

I had the same problem when I copied over between two different versions of iPhoto. I think you will have to delve into the Finder (it isn't rocket science). I don't have a photographic memory so I can't remember the format mine were in, but it's pretty easy to see a pattern and just delete the folders you don't need. I showed 6,000 instead of 3,000 and it wasn't such a big job. Come to think of it, the duplicates may have been in one or more big folders.

Caveat emptor, of course.

Oh, and, yes, deleting them from iPhoto itself will just delete any trace.

4. letsjustescape thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I haven't found anything wonky in the finder... nothing appears to be duplicated that I can tell. Anyone know what I should be looking for?

And no, I didn't delete anything. I have doubles of most of them in iPhoto, thats the problem.