iPhoto eating GBs like crazy!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by archdelux, Apr 27, 2010.

1. archdelux macrumors 6502

I am currently in the process of importing photos into iPhoto--I just dragged the folder into iPhoto as instructed and its cycling through all the photos. The thing is that It has already used over 30GBs of space! I understand that it is just stupidly copying the files, but will I have access to these files afterward if I am NOT using iPhoto? That is to say, is it ok to delete the originals?

2. bootedbear macrumors 6502

bootedbear

The photo files will be safely tucked away inside the iPhoto Library package --which appears as a single file in Finder, but you can "open" it up to peek inside.

You can also export a photo from iPhoto any time you like.

3. archdelux thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi - thanks for your response, but after actually using iPhoto for about an hour now and seeing what it does and all that I am convinced that it is a piece of garbage...sorry to waste your time - but no need to respond to this thread anymore..i definitely wont be using this application.

4. Disc Golfer macrumors 6502a

Good choice, iphoto was decent a few years ago but when they started tacking on umpteen useless bloated "features" the usability went out the window.