iPhoto error message help...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by YoNadz, Jun 15, 2009.

1. YoNadz macrumors regular

Each time I start iPhoto I get a message that says:

"A photo has been found in the iPhoto Library that was not imported. Import? Yes or No"

Not matter if I pick yes or no, the next message says:

"Photo has been placed in folder .../.../.../recovered photo_8"

I now have 8 of these stupid recovered photo folders. Is there a way to make iPhoto not automatically search my computer?? I would rather drag and drop the photos that I want in there anyways. Thanks in advance for the help!

2. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

Did you place a photo in the library manually? (by going to the pictures folder, and accessing the library)

3. YoNadz thread starter macrumors regular

no. I simply highlighted and dragged the photos into the iPhoto program. I gives me that message every time I open iPhoto. I have the preferences set NOT to copy the pictures to iPhoto. Any ideas??

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

You have either an Import or an Auto Import folder jammed in the iPhoto Library package. This folder can either be of incompatible file types or just some random junk. Right-click or control-click the iPhoto Library bundle in Finder (located in ~/Pictures), select Show Package Contents. Pull the Import/Auto Import folder(s) out of the package, relaunch iPhoto. Problem should be fixed, all you'll need to examine is what in the world is in the folder you removed and puzzle together how it even ended up there...

5. YoNadz thread starter macrumors regular

alright, I took the auto import folder out, but still get the same message when I open iPhoto. Any other ideas?? This is really pissing me off.

6. REALWILDCHILD macrumors newbie

I've been suffering same issue..

now that issue solved. Thank you!