iPhoto Events Dates

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dave Braine, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

All of my Events in iPhoto are dated 2009. This is for all of my photos dating back to 2005. The days and months are correct but all of the Events show the year as 2009.

Any ideas why? iPhoto09 v8.1.2

2. Anna S Jansen macrumors newbie

Same problem

Hi Dave,
    I have exact the same problem, although I changed the dates of pictures the event date wont change, and therefore the order I see my events in neither, this creates a chaos! So thought maybe you have found a solution to this?! If I find one I'll let you know.
    Cheers, Anna

3. Dave Braine thread starter macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

I don't get chaos. All my events are in the order they were imported. It's just the year is the same for every one. I thought perhaps it was when I migrated over to the new MacBook in 2009, but even recent Events still show as 2009. Strange. :confused:

4. Anna S Jansen macrumors newbie

Suppose its still the same problem, but i have events which are correctly dated, mixed up with ones that arent :S Still no way of editing the dates of the events...

5. ageorgios macrumors newbie

6. Anna S Jansen macrumors newbie

Solution

A friend of mine suggested this:
    Make sure you re-date the photo (either individually or by batch change) (make sure you tick the box that says modify original files), export them to e.g. your desktop... delete the photos from iphoto in the event screen by opt cmd delete. and then import them again... Well it worked for me... So many thanks to my friend :D

7. Tylendal macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I had the same problem, I accidentally set the wrong year on my new Nikon D5100, and all of the photos i took were dated last year, didn't notice it until i had imported about 100 photos into iPhoto, and I couldn't figure out why they weren't showing up at the bottom of the event list.

So, like many of you guys have done, I changed the dates on the photographs, ticking the change original files, and it worked for the individual photos, but did not change the event date. So I have been mulling about this problem for a few days now, and I just found this forum post via google.

After reading this, I decided to try Merging the Events (event grouping was done by days) into one event, and then Auto-Splitting the Event that was just merged, and it corrected all of the Event Dates and put them at the bottom of the event listing sorted chronologically. It will probably delete any custom names you have for events, I wouldn't know because I just left the event names as the date the event was made.

8. Dave Braine thread starter macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

My problem eventually turned out to be how I had the date configuration set in System Preferences. I had a custom display. Returning it to a standard setting solved the problem and gave all my Events their correct year.