iPhoto events in the sidebar

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macuser1752, Aug 13, 2010.

1. macuser1752 macrumors newbie

I have been a long time mac user and my friend has just switched from a PC.
    She has tons of photos and has become very frustrated at how hard it is to move photos between events, (cutting and pasting being the best method I could tell her to use) in iPhoto.

Before she arranged them as folders in the Windows explorer and it was easy to drag a photo from an open folder in the right hand of the explorer to a different folder in the vertical list on the left hand of the explorer.

It got me wondering if anyone knows of a way, or a program, that will allow the events to all be viewed in a drop down in the left hand sidebar (perhaps like exposing all of your playlists in iTunes) of the iPhoto window, allowing you to open events in the main part of the window and simply drag photos to a different event on the left?

I suggested just using the finder to organise them, but then editing becomes difficult.

Many thanks

2. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

I don't know of an app, but I wish it existed too! As a workaround (from someone whom has hundreds of thousands of photos - yes - and now countless unmanageable events), I've created albums and organized as such.

ETA: PS, PSE, DPP ... (software editing programs) will organize in their native ways as well - which may be of more use to her.

3. C.Kowalski macrumors newbie

Still no workaround...??

I know that this post is quite old a bit, but a quick googling brought me to this thread.

I've been migrating my photo-folders from Windows to Mac using iPhoto all weekend now and it's pretty frustrating because of the weird and user-unfriendly handling of the events. It would be very nice to show all of them in the sidebar for easy drag+drop.

Does ANYONE know a hack or workaround for iPhoto'11? It would be nice to have one or any suggestion.

I don't want to move to another management program now that I've sorted about 50% of all my thousands of photos. In this point, Apple really screwed up -.-

Cheers.

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
    iLife'11 (iPhoto'11 9.2.1)