IPhoto Events

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stockcerts, Aug 29, 2007.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I'm having a problem with IPhoto and creating event names. When I import photos IPhoto creates an untitled event. The problem is I am not able to change the name from "untitled" to something more specific. When I click on untitled a field appears, but it doesn't give me a cursor to edit and provide a real name for the event. It seems like this is a bug. Any thoughts on how to resolve this problem? Thanks!

2. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

If you're in Events you should just select the event and when it has the yellow border simply click untitled and edit.
    Another way would be to create a new Event and drag the photos to it.

3. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

you need to open the info pane. look at the lower left hand corner of the application: there is a little button labeled "i" that will do this.

The window that opens contains the info you're looking for, and is editable. Just select the event you want and change the name.

I agree, though, the event name should be editable from the main window.

4. aristobrat macrumors G5

In my iPhoto '08, they are -- now. I can click on the title of an event (in either "Event" or "Pictures" view), wait a sec and then type a new one.

This wasn't initially the case with me. In addition to not being able to do that, I couldn't drag one event on to another event to combine them.

Rebooting fixed both problems for me.