iPhoto Export

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Butler Trumpet, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Butler Trumpet macrumors 6502

Butler Trumpet

When Im using iPhoto and I click a photo and try to export it, nothing happens. It used to work fine. I have restarted both iPhoto and my iBook.

Importing still works fine.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Which version of iPhoto are you using? Does the export dialogue box come up? Have you tried rebuilding the library?

3. Butler Trumpet thread starter macrumors 6502

Butler Trumpet

I have 4.0.3

I just rebuilt and still nothing.

The export dialogue box does not come up. Thanks!

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, to check if it's a preference issue, open a new user account in System Preferences and see if you can export photos form that version of iPhoto. Of course, you'll need to import a few photos beforehand. :)

5. Butler Trumpet thread starter macrumors 6502

Butler Trumpet

Well.. I dont think it is a preferences thing, because I just removed com.apple.iPhoto.plist and it still isnt working.

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, well maybe give the new account a go anyway, just to check if it's something else within your Home folder that's wrecked. :)

7. Butler Trumpet thread starter macrumors 6502

Butler Trumpet

alright, I fixed it.

I was talking to one of my friends, who had recently been uploading photos onto my computer, to put onto facebook (which is like myspace for anyone who didnt know)

So he was doing that, and saw that facebook has an iPhoto plugin that lets you upload pictures directly from iPhoto. So he downloaded that... and installed it. Obviously it didnt work, because it is only for iPhoto 5.. and I have 4.

So I right clicked on iPhoto, saw its contents and removed the plug in Facebook.iPhotoExporter

Now it works.

(sorry i was putting off making a new account....... my computer is getting slow these days, and Im nearly out of space on my HD, so i was trying every other option first. But Im sure if I did that, and it worked, mad jew would have known where to look. So thanks :)

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Good find mate! Remember to keep about 8GB of free space available at all times to ensure you don't get any random play form your Mac. :)

9. Butler Trumpet thread starter macrumors 6502

Butler Trumpet

Yeah.. I think I need to transfer some things over to my external. Right now I only have 2.4 gigs free on my iBook.

So I'll be back in a bit after doing that.

Thanks!