iPhoto Exporting Options Confuse Me

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sabor, Sep 20, 2014.

1. sabor macrumors regular

sabor

I am in the process of exporting my iPhoto library into folders that I create to avoid the mess that iPhoto does by itself. I was just choosing:

Export -> Kind -> Original

This, as expected, exports the photo with the same file size, resolution, and dimensions as the original one.

I did notice that this does not include image metadata, so I chose:

Export -> Kind -> JPEG (and ticked the "title and keywords" and "location information"). Chose Full Size as JPEG Quality.

Interesting thing is that it now exports an image with same dimensions but the size is twice of the original one.

So I tried again and exported using "Large" instead of "Full Size" and I get an image with the same size as the original but whose resolution is now 1280 × 960 pixels instead of the original 2048 × 1536 pixels.

So my question is, how the hell do you export an image in iPhoto, preserving title and keywords and preserving the same resolution and file size?

Thanks!

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Export > Current is what you want. That will include any edits keywords etc you did to the originals.

[​IMG]

3. sabor thread starter macrumors regular

sabor

Thanks WeaselBoy, but exporting with these settings does not export keywords. Here is a quick export I just did:

[​IMG]

And here is the same photo exported using JPG Max with bot checkboxes ticked:

[​IMG]