Iphoto face recognition

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marciohumpris, Apr 28, 2011.

1. marciohumpris macrumors member

Hi,

Really nice the face recognition feature of iPhoto. Is there a way for me to make it create 1 file with 1 specific person and all images/faces of this person only?

Thanks!

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I think what you're looking for is a Smart Album. Of course, you can access that person's photos from the "Corkboard" view of Faces, but while you're there, there's a button to create a Smart Album, which will do what you want in one step. You can also do it from the File menu, and just set the criteria to only show that Face.

jW

3. marciohumpris thread starter macrumors member

Dear Mal,

Thanks a lot. Sorry Im having a bit of a hard time, I tried...

I wanted to get someone's "several faces" and make an album of it. For example, iPhoto detected and I labeled 50 photos of a certain person... I wanted to make an album of these 50 faces all in 1, not of the photos related to this user...

Any more help appreciated.

Thanks.

4. marciohumpris thread starter macrumors member

5. mac00l macrumors 6502

Its simple, just create a new album, if it have some photos already just erase them.

After that go to the "faces" library, and drag the face of the person you want to create the album of, to the blank album.

6. marciohumpris thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. But its not quite what I wanted. I wanted to make an album just with person's face, not entire photos. Possible?