iPhoto Facebook uploader: No captions please!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ccalleri, Jun 15, 2009.

1. ccalleri macrumors member

When I upload pics to Facebook via iPhoto, the file names show up as captions for all photos. Is there an option in iPhoto that will prevent this?

Thanks!

2. indiankid macrumors newbie

I get this too, and I find it really annoying. I have to end up going on facebook and change all the captions manually.:(

3. ccalleri thread starter macrumors member

4. beebauman macrumors newbie

iPhoto "Share on Facebook" (native to iPhoto '09) vs. Facebook iPhoto Exporter plugin

iPhoto 09's native support for Facebook album uploads and syncing has the aformentioned caption issue. You may want to try Facebook's iPhoto Exporter plugin, which allows captioning etc. (but I think you lose the syncing part; your albums won't show up in iPhoto after the upload...I think...)

Plugin page: http://developers.facebook.com/iphoto/

5. masterell macrumors regular

Arghhh I hate this so much. The problem with the non-native facebook exporter is that it doesnt export the photos as well as the iphoto facebook exporter. A lot of quality is lost.

The only thing I can think of doing is going to the following menus in iphoto:

iPhoto -> Provide iPhoto feedback

If enough people complain, theyll sort it out by the next release. It's irritating me so much..