iPhoto faces ; 'look again' ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tumbleweed666, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

I've googled but can't find the answer to this.
    ISTR there is a way to tell iPhoto to rescan a photo if it has missed some faces, this time using a less 'strict' algorithm.
    The idea is if you have several people and it only spots a few, when you tell it to look a second time it might pick all the others up next time round rather than manually adding the missed ones one at a time manually
    Did I imagine this feature, or if not, how do you make it work?

2. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I've not read anything about this. But I'm so unimpressed with iPhoto faces that I barely use it.

3. kwissylawrencek macrumors member

right+click/ctrl+click on the photo(s) you want to rescan, and select the option "Detect Missing Faces"

4. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

To the OP: you can always rescan, but you can't do a 'looser' scan for faces. Maybe after start naming a few faces, a rescan might pick up more faces that it previously left out?

Face detection works like a charm. Named my 6000 photos gradually and it only missed out a couple of faces over all those photos.

5. kwissylawrencek macrumors member

Actually, Detect Missing Faces does use a more lenient algorithm. If you go to a photo that has a face in it but iphoto has not picked it up, Detect Missing Faces will, most of the time, pick it up this second time. I tried it just now.