iPhoto, Flickr sync

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Unpaq, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Unpaq macrumors newbie

Unpaq

I am currently developing an application which will be able to sync your iPhoto content with Flickr.

First shot will be one-way, i.e. iPhoto will be the master and all images will be uploaded to Flickr and added to Sets.

The application will use the capture date to keep track of images and so it should work even if you already manually uploaded some of your images.

With this post I hope to gather some feedback on the idea.

I hope to have a version ready for beta test in a few weeks. If you would like to participate in such a test, let me know.
    My email: jacobREMOVETHISPART@unpaq.com.

Here are a few more things for you to comment on:
    1. Currently I sync everything, but I expect to have an option where you can filter out images which should not be synced.
    2. Currently an iPhoto Album = a Flickr set. What about events?
    3. Currently all keywords from iPhoto are added as keywords on Flickr. Would filtering be nice to have?

Any other ideas?

Thanks for any feedback you might have.

Best regards,
    Jacob Edelbo Lauritzen

2. msantos86 macrumors newbie

I would love to test your program. I've been using an automator script to complete most of what your program does, except for the adding of keywords and uploading select images. Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

3. Unpaq thread starter macrumors newbie

Unpaq

Great. I added my email to my previous post. Could you send me an email, then I can keep you up-to-date.

4. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

Doesn't iPhoto '09 do this already (well, without checking for the previously manually uploaded ones).

5. Unpaq thread starter macrumors newbie

Unpaq

6. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

I realise it's not very good - I prefer an upload to FlickR, not a sync, which is why I decided to not use it. I'm sure it will improve over time.

At any rate, changing a 'set' in FlickR is like changing the album, not the actual file locations. So deleting them from iPhoto will 'delete' them from FlickR, even if you changed the set. Not ideal behaviour (or myabe not as intuitive), but it is still how I expect it to behave.

The FlickR implementation is shallow at best at the moment.