Iphoto folder help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macnewbienj, Feb 26, 2008.

1. macnewbienj macrumors newbie

Ok, so I am new to the world of Mac and have recently upgraded to the new iphoto. However, in my "pictures" file there is a icon for the new iphoto application, but what happened to the library folder that was previously there? I can't access my photos through the folder while not using iphoto. How do I change the icon in the "photos" folder back to a folder?

Thanks for your help.

2. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

In iPhoto '08 the iPhoto directory is actually a package. If you right-click and hit "Show Package Contents" you can still browse it. But to be honest, you're probably better off just using iPhoto since you can search by keywords, dates, events, albums, etc. whereas browsing the directories is strictly by date. Apple changed it from a directory intentionally, presumably in part to discourage inadvertent screwing up of the library images from outside of iPhoto.

3. macnewbienj thread starter macrumors newbie

how about web posting

Thank you for that information. But if I am posting pictures (edited in iphoto) pictures to the web how do I find the library folders? Should I make a library shortcut folder? Can you do those on macs?

4. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

If you're using Safari all you have to do is view the folder in iPhoto and click and drag it over to Safari; wherever you're trying to upload it should have a Browse button to find the file - just drag the photo onto that browse button and the path will automatically appear. Voila! Upload.