iPhoto for iOS, iPad 3, 4 x 1080p videos

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by sammich, Mar 18, 2012.

1. sammich, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012

sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Not sure if this was posted already, so I'll understand if this get merged, or whatever.

But I was just reading about hidden iPhoto for iOS gestures and decided to try some out for myself.

Now while messing around, I managed to select a whole lot of photos including random videos I had taken on my iPad 3. So, upon seeing all these 'play' buttons on the videos, I pressed them, expecting the previous one to pause as I pressed the next one.

But nope. I only have 4 1080p recorded iPad videos on hand, and they all played at the same time. With a small amount of stutter. Okay, a decent amount of stutter.

Just amazing!

EDIT: seems like you can only play the first 4 videos you select by tapping and holding a thumbnail (or by tapping and holding two fingers, it'll select all images including and between).

Also, the video playback is rather buggy.

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

When you told me this, I was amazed!! Nice find, wish I had a shiny new iPad™ to play around with it!! :)

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Interesting. It seems the most the iPhone 4 can do with natively recorded 720p is 3 videos stutter free. Add that fourth and it stutters fairly well. Still, my C2D MacBook couldn't do that! Just goes to show you how optimized these chips are for media.