iPhoto format to iMovie (HD, not 08)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eclipse, Sep 21, 2007.

1. eclipse macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Hi all,
    I've got a fairly big movie and photo presentation I'm working on and need to get this right. I've noticed that some of my photo's in previous movie projects have been a little pixilated (like they were not imported at high enough res) and others were obviously too huge to import quickly and slowed everything right down.

I've read help, but it doesn't really seem to mention anything about the optimal format. Is there a way to import photo's from iPhoto completely stripped back to some common denominator or standard, good clear picture format but that doesn't take up too much processing time in iMovie?

Or does all this happen automatically, and my G5 just ran slow that day on some of the bigger photos? Assuming all the shots are over a certain minimal size for clarity (and assuming that the previously pixilated images were that way because maybe my wife resized them for emailing or something) does iMovie automatically convert them into some standard that I'm not aware of?

2. eclipse thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Also...

I heard iLife 08's iMovie had all it's cool themes etc stripped out, yet it's cool for quickly searching through all the clips on your computer. I know it's another subject, but do people use iMovie 08 for compiling clips and then go back into imovie HD for adding effects and themes? How easy is it to open o8 with HD?

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Oh, for Pete's sake. Download the demo and check it out for yourself. If you like it, then pay for the serial number. If you don't, then delete it.

4. wizwaz3 macrumors 6502a

wizwaz3

I can't help with your problem, but as a Final Cut Pro user, iMovie '08 is absolutely stellar. I love FCP, but iMovie is so much nicer to use and very easy to create wonderful projects. It took me roughly 3x longer to create an equivalent project in FCP.

Just a little praise for iMovie. :)

5. eclipse thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Nice to hear. I gather if I even get all the basic clip organization done, I could export it back into iMovie HD for effects?